Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I have a very bad decayed tooth its so bad that all the top

Customer Question

Hello i have a very bad decayed tooth its so bad that all the top pieces fell out and there's still little pieces left under my gums but there's no pain or swelling not even when i eat what should i do
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: The whole tooth fell out by pieces there's no swelling or pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?
Customer: No
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.
Even thoigh there is no swelling or pain,there are still large roots that are still in the bone under the gum that need to be removed.it is a simple an inexpensive procedure to extract these roots. you should make an appontment with a dentist or oral surgeon ASAP to have this done.They can cause swelling and bone loss.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Is there any other information that you need?