Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My daughter has had a tooth ache for some time she has no…

Customer Question
My daughter has had...

My daughter has had a tooth ache for some time she has no insurance or money her tooth now is really absessed the pain was so bad she went to the hospital they could only give her a antibiotic which did nothing for her.We cannot find a dentist that will help her because of the infection what can we do?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Weeks it just keeps getting worse. Nothing seems to help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
8/4/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 8 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

I would DEFINITELY make a few more phone calls to different Dentists.

Here is why:

1) While some Dentists (maybe half) prefer to wait till infection heals prior to working on the tooth, the other half, will do the opposite and immediately begin to tackle the tooth's problem, which will in turn bring quicker healing and quicker relief to your Daughter!

As to the cost? Many Dental offices have "in-house financing", generally with a third party, which your Daughter can very easily sign up for and be approved for. When you call around for Dentist ask about if they'll a) work on the tooth, and b) if they have in-house financing...

I think after a couple calls or so, you'll soon have a Dentist to work on your Daughter's tooth if you ask these questions.

I certainly hope she gets relief soon!

Dr. Rampton

Let me know if you have any further concerns - OK? And, do rate my answer please - Thanks.

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist