Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a root canal last week on a lower molar and now I am…

Customer Question
Hello, I had a...

Hello, I had a root canal last week on a lower molar and now I am in extreme pain in my jaw on the opposite side of the mouth. Along with the pain I feel dizzy and have no energy. What could cause this ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

Yes there is a little pain from the tooth but it is mostly all the teeth and jaw on the other side.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

The only medicine I take is for high blood pressure.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
7/29/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Just Dental Truths!

The two problems do NOT sound to be related.

I would think that you most likely have a separate (sorry) issue goin on on the opposing side where you are having this new pain.

___________________

What would I do?

If possible, I'd get to a Dentist today!

If you can or can't, I'd make an ice pack using a ziploc bag with ice and water, wrapped in a small cloth and apply it to the pain area. The cloth buffers the extreme col. Also, take up to 800 mg. Ibuprofen (if you are over 18) every 8 hours for pain.

Again, call around, you hopefully can get into a Dentist, as you possibly may have an abscess beginning(?).

Dr. Rampton

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Thank you.

I hope you can get in today. Take pain medication, as needed. Ice packs help with pain too.

Let me know if I can assist further?

Dr. Rampton

*please do rate my answer. I hope you get feeling better!