Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I am having some patches on my tongue I'm concerned about…

Customer Question
I am having some patches...
I am having some patches on my tongue I'm concerned about and need opinion on it please. Note I also do have a tooth that is broken not sure if it's rubbing against it and making these. Or if it's something else.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

This is just an example of a condition called "geographic tongue" or " wandering rash of the tongue" It is not pathological or harmful and requires no treatment.

Okay thank you for that info. Does it go away ? Or what causes it to get worse ?

It can get more red with spicy foods. There is nothing that really makes it go away. Some people have it and some people don't. It is nothing to worry about though.

You will probably notice that the pattern will change frequently and sometimes seem to vanish only to reappear again. This condition is very common.

Please leave a rating when you get a chance. We get no credit for our time without one. Thanks.

Please leave a rating.

Okay thank you for the advice on this. Glad to know it's not something serious or catching to others also. And ill be sure to leave a rating. Thanks again!

It is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)