Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Yesterday I hit my front top tooth ADULT Quite hard with a

Customer Question
Hi yesterday I hit my...
Hi yesterday I hit my front top tooth ADULT
Quite hard with a desert spoon right in the centre completely by accident. This is a crowned tooth with a live pegged tooth underneath. (Smashed it in half as a child). But has been healthy and crowned for 20years. Immediately After my recent spoons incident it has had a sore fuzzy feeling in the gum and sensitive to pressure. Been taking Ibrufen yesterday and today.
Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dental
7/24/2017
Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 3 months ago
Edward Magida

Thanks for asking your question. Given what you did, it is completely reasonable that the tooth feels sensitive. Give it a few days to calm down. If it doesn't, you should see your dentist for an xray to make sure nothing is fractured under the crown. If the tooth is not very loose and it calms down, you are probably okay.

Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

Is not protected more for having a crown? And how easy is it to fracture a pegged tooth/root?
Can't afford a call sorry
Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 3 months ago

Sorry, I had to step away. The crown protects the tooth above the gum. There is a chance the root can fracture, the part below the gums. Doesn't happen too often. If the tooth continues to be a bother, an xray will help diagnose a fracture.

Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 3 months ago

If you have no more questions would you please rate my answer. Good luck with things.

Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, I hoping you could rate my answer so I can get credit. Thanks

Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 3 months ago

Hello?

Edward Magida
Edward Magida
Edward Magida