Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I just had a consultation with a highly reputable nyc

Customer Question
hi i just had...
hi i just had a consultation with a highly reputable nyc dentist and i,think the estimate is really high. i take medication for my thryroîdi and have dry mouth and so i need 8 implants and i wanted to veneer the rest of the teeth. the esrimate was 134,000
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: i am aaking if the estimate is high
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: like what
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
7/13/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

New York City is one of the higher cost dental areas in the US. The average price for a dental implant is in the $2000 to $2500 range not including the crowns that go on top of the implants. I would need to know how many units that you need. If it is 8,then you can figure in New York that it would be about $2000 per crown.Veneers are one of the worst restorations that you can have placed because they are not protective and have a tendency to break ,fracture or fall off. A crown would be your best bet instead of a veneer. In any case,veneers in New York probably run $1500 each. The average price for a crown in the US is $1000. Even if you crowned every tooth in your mouth at $2000 each and you figure 28 teeth ,that would be $58,000. Add in 8 implants and that would be an additional $20,0000. Even at those high prices,it equals only $78,000. My opinion is that you are being royally ripped off.Please do not waste your money on veneers.

If you can upload picture of your mouth or X-rays,I could give you a better idea of what your options are and the prices.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)