Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have teeth with deep decay and i need either vital pulp…

Customer Question
Hi i have teeth...

Hi i have teeth with deep decay and i need either vital pulp therapy a root canal or an extraction and i can not afford my dental care as of now and am waiting until i will be able to afford it what can i do to reallystop the decay from getting worse thanks

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

I was by a dentist june 6 2017 and i was also told that my gums were inflamed and my enamel was in a state that it looked like i had not been to a dentist in a long time which is true because i had not been to a dentist in about 7 years

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

On that day i was told that i needed two extractions in the pre molars and three root canals so i went for a second opinion he said he might be able to make things a little better by doing vital pulp therapy but he said that after seeing only the panoramic x ray when he saw the close up he was no longer so sure saying that he saw three to four teeth with deep decay

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
7/10/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 7 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

Good concerns.

Besides the obvious first thought of brushing 2 to 3 times a day and flossing once daily (helps more than most people think - really), might you have also considered the following thoughts:

- If you might possibly live anywhere near a Dental School - you can have the needed Dental work done for about 50% off the price your Dentist would charge you.

- Also, most States, have a State Dental Association (e.g. Nebraska State Dental Association). You can look them up on line, and they often can either be phone called or asked on line for referrals of Dentists which they recommend which will do Dental work on a sliding scale of income, or for less money. Their web sites sometimes list such.

- Similarly, many Counties do the same. So where your county is, you could look on line or call them or both, and often also find Dentists who will do Dentistry for a reduced fee.

I would try one of these options out, or at least consider such. I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if I can assist further. When I've satisfied your answer please do rate my answer - alright? Thank you! And, continue asking any questions until you feel I've answered you as best I can...

Dr. Rampton

what can i do for inflamed gums and bad enamel and how much does drinking milk help teeth and is raw non pasteurized milk better for teeth thank you very much

When we have inflamed gums, it will get better, slowly over a week or so, as you brush very good and get all of the surfaces. Including daily flossing. So not in a day, but a week, maybe a bit more, inflamed gums improve and can look normalized again. You additionally "may" need a cleaning for the gums to return to normal, but your Dentist likely already discussed this with you.

Drinking milk has calcium, and is good for teeth, bones etc., however I do not believe you'll notice any enamel difference visually speaking with drinking regular vs. raw milk. I don't want you to think drinking milk is a slick silver bullet here. True, it's good for our bodies. Drink a glass daily. But, it's not a cure for anything, if you follow what I mean. But yes, do drink a glass or so daily!

If you have a couple or more enamel blemishes or cavities, etc. Something that to you is unsightly, such can be changed to look enhanced and the way you would prefer one way or another. But it largely will need to be done by your Dentist. Enamel, once formed, is pretty much what we've got. And the good thoughts of drinking milk and all are indeed, good ideas for the entire body and all. Calcium is good. But we have the enamel that we have NOW. Dentists can change the way our enamel looks via crowns, veneers, fillings, etc. But we have got to have these changes done by a competent Dentist. The enamel we now have, is the enamel we'll always have, essentially. I sense I'm NOT telling you what you perhaps may want to hear, but it's the way things are. But again, teeth, for all of us, can be modified to look the way you'd like!

Does this make sense?

pretty good thank you very much

I do hope I didn't cause you to be downtrodden or anything comparable. But the truth is the best policy.

Please remember though - that's largely what Dentists DO all day. Try to eradicate pain and such true, but we try to make teeth look their very best. You can have that too...!

Is there anything further that I might possibly be able to assist you with?

Have you considered checking County & State websites, and/or Dental Schools?

If I can do anything further, let me know.

Please do rate my answer too, as this is our method of tracking credits for answering. Thanks, ***** ***** wishes to you !

Dr. Rampton

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist