Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

I had 3 fillings done yesterday. 2 were wisdom teeth. I have

Customer Question

I had 3 fillings done yesterday. 2 were wisdom teeth. I have a slight fever and achy tonight. 99.6. I am also very sore the gums around the teeth and the back of my throat. I had about 20 needles because I could not get numb btw.
JA: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?
Customer: I do yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 2 months ago.

I "do" hope you have some antibiotics. If not, perhaps you could have someone call your Dentist asap. The antibiotics will reduce fever and infection, which is one of the things you need now.

Additionally, if you have much pain, perhaps Ibuprofen will do, or Tylenol whichever you feel does best for you.

In retrospect, they maybe gave you more anesthetic than what your body could tolerate!

While in the long haul, I'm sure you should heal up fine, it is NOT too comforting to hear that at this present moment, and I fully realize that. So, sorry you are having the problems you are.

Again, try to get on a regimen of antibiotics asap! They reduce fever and infection, etc.

Dr. Rampton

*Please hit me up w/any further question/concern which you may have - OK? And please rate my answer when you are satisfied. Thx!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
THANK YOU!!! I have some amoxicillin

Oh good, so you are likely taking a capsule every 6 to 8 hours until they are gone then.

How are you with pain?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am doing every 8 hours. I am actually fine with pain. I dont like to take anything lol.
Its just sore and red no throbbing. The gums around the teeth and the back sides of my throat are sore too.

So much the better if prescription strength pain medication is NOT needed! The over the counter Tylenol and Ibuprofen can reduce the fever, or at least assist, so you may want to take them for a couple doses or so - just to assist in getting back to "yourself".

It sounds like you are doing things well though. So very sorry all of the drama/high fever & trouble!!! But day to day, I'll bet you will be fine very shortly. Hang Tough.

I certainly wish you all the best. Again, if you should have any further questions, don't hesitate, alright?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks again!!! You eased my mind a bit :-)

Well, I wished I could do more. TIME may well be your best friend here (Coupled with the medications) which we've spoke of, above.

Oh, please DO rate my answer, when you have a moment please, and again get better quickly!