Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had one dentist put crowns in my #8 and #7 upper front…

Customer Question
I had one dentist...

I had one dentist put crowns in my #8 and #7 upper front teeth three two years ago, No Problem, Last year another Dentist put crowns in my upper front #9 and #10 the same Dentist said they would last 15-20 years but #9 & #10 fell out while sleeping, The dentist said the reason was most of my back teeth are missing. I got advice from a third dentest telling me to be carefull not to knock out #8 & #7 crowns. I followed up with the dentist that installed #9 & #10 that fell out and asked what can be done to protect the two good crowns while waiting for my next appointment. She said thy are at risk of breaking lose and said I need to have a Temporary upper partail to protect them. The Dentist that installed #8 & #7 that are still intact said a Temporary upper partial will not protect the from potential damage. What is your opinion ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

Now Swelling in my gums, no decay in the two crowns that fell out

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

No Swelling in my gums, #9 & #10 Upper Crowns fell out they where installed last year with a thin pin. my #8 & #7 Upper crowns a different dentis put in 3 years ago are still good. Question. Will a Tempory upper partial protect #8 & #7 from any damage. NOTE, The dentist that put in my #9 & #10 said they fell out because I was missing tow many upper and lower back teeth.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
6/14/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

If you are missing your back teeth and have not replaced them,the force of chewing on the front teeth will either break them off or will cause them to fracture and break the seal.You actually need a partial with a solid framework to replace the missing teeth on the upper and lower if you want your front teeth to last.The amount of pressure placed on the front teeth with no molar tooth support is enormous. The front teeth will either come loose or fracture over time without replacing the back teeth.