Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have periodontitis and will be operated in a month but I

now have an infection with...
I have periodontitis and will be operated in a month but I now have an infection with obvious swelling. Can I take Pro Ciprofloxacin 500mg? My dentist's office is closed today and I have these antibiotics on hand.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: 48 hrs. No injuries, good health.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?
Customer: Nothing relevant. Upper left molar, second from back is the one causing issues. I have a bridge on the upper right side because my tooth cracked.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/17/2017
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Yes, you can take Cipro , but for how long? Since your surgery is in a months time, you cant take it for an entire month. Twice a day, 4-5 days a the most.

Please visit the dental office as soon as it reopens so that the dentist can take a look and maybe move the surgery date ahead.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist