Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a small upper bridge on left side - eye tooth is

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small upper bridge on left side - eye tooth is false and then an anchor tooth, a false tooth/crown and then original molar. The front portion has become loose and wiggles. The dentist is hoping to be able to pop it out and recement. Is this a normal thing to happen, is it easy to remove a loose bridge? He did not see any indication of decay under the bridge. Worrying about this process of removing a loose bridge without breaking or harming any teeth.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No swelling, but bad taste in my mouth. I saw the dentist yesterday for my 6 month cleaning and I said something to the hygienist who then in turn did my x-rays for the dentist to review. He checked with his own tools/floss and was concerned with the movement and mentioned removal of it to recement in place, but was not entirely sure what he would do.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Not that I am aware of - I filled out a complete medical history form to update them.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
5/17/2017
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

A properly cemented bridge is very difficult to remove. it needs to be literally cut away uusing special metal-cutting burs.

But a poorly constructed or poorly cemented bridge, which has become loose can be removed fairly easily by a dentist. Your teeth wont be damaged or harmed, dont worry.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further questions, do write back!

Regards,

Dr. Behere