Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have a small upper bridge on left side - eye tooth is

Customer Question

I have a small upper bridge on left side - eye tooth is false and then an anchor tooth, a false tooth/crown and then original molar. The front portion has become loose and wiggles. The dentist is hoping to be able to pop it out and recement. Is this a normal thing to happen, is it easy to remove a loose bridge? He did not see any indication of decay under the bridge. Worrying about this process of removing a loose bridge without breaking or harming any teeth.
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling, but bad taste in my mouth. I saw the dentist yesterday for my 6 month cleaning and I said something to the hygienist who then in turn did my x-rays for the dentist to review. He checked with his own tools/floss and was concerned with the movement and mentioned removal of it to recement in place, but was not entirely sure what he would do.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?
Customer: Not that I am aware of - I filled out a complete medical history form to update them.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

A properly cemented bridge is very difficult to remove. it needs to be literally cut away uusing special metal-cutting burs.

But a poorly constructed or poorly cemented bridge, which has become loose can be removed fairly easily by a dentist. Your teeth wont be damaged or harmed, dont worry.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further questions, do write back!

Regards,

Dr. Behere