Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-50 years of practice, Endodontics Assoc. Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

I had flu for about 4 days now, and when I was at my worst I

Hi! I had flu for about 4 days now, and when I was at my worst I did not brush my teeth, because I was sleeping all day. Now I have swollen sore gums? What can I do other than salt water rinse?
Hi, salt water rinses is the most popular method to help with sore irritated gums. Another popular remedy is hydrogen peroxide at a 1:1 dilution and that also helps soothe sore irritated gums. You should also now brush using a soft tooth brush using only a down direction on you upper teeth and only an up direction on your lower teeth. Your gums will respond quickly because of the excellent blood supply that is present. You should also avoid spicy hot foods for a couple of days as well as hard and crunchy foods. Doing all of this should have your gums back the way they were before the flu. Hope this helps! If you need more information please ask. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much! That response makes me feel a lot better
You are very welcome! You will recover very quickly so please do not be overly concerned!! :):)
When you get a chance please rate our conversation so that I get credit for responding. Have a great evening!