Paul Redpath
Paul Redpath,
Experience:  Dental Resident at Hackensack University Medical Center
98212270

Second opinion] my two front teeth are loose because of an

Customer Question

Second opinion] hi my two front teeth are loose because of an accient and I am in a place that here is no dentist,JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?Customer: noJA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?Customer: 3 weeks ago
Category: Dental
Expert:  Paul Redpath replied 3 months ago.
You may have to have your front teeth splinted with a white filling material to the other front teeth to stabilize them, the bone around the teeth can heal and possibly make them less loose, but they would have to be kept in the same position with the splint to allow the bone to have time to heal
When the teeth keep moving around it doesn't give the bone enough time to fix itself, kind of like if you broke your arm, you put a cast on it and don't move the arm and the bone will heal, will take about 4-6 weeks for the bone to get hard again