Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Shld an abscess in the gum treated before removal of teeth.

Customer Question
Shld an abscess in...

Shld an abscess in the gum treated before removal of teeth

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

Yes. 5 yrs ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Swelling in gums

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
3/21/2017
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.Once the tooth/teeth are removed, the abscess will resolve. It need not be treated separately prior to the extraction.Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.
I do not get credit for it otherwise!Regards, *****

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further questions, do write back!

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist