Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have realized that I have wisdom tooth decay very painful…

Customer Question
I have realized that...

I have realized that I have wisdom tooth decay very painful that i cant even open my mouth, and the problem is that I do not have dental isurance, what do i do

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

A lot of it, the swelling of the gum has subsided but the tooth is shaking

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Hx of type 2 diabetes HTN

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dental
3/21/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 11 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Given your description you need to start warm salt water rinses: you can dissolve ½-teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water as hot as can be safely tolerated, and rinse vigorously for about 2 minutes at least every 2-3 hours. The swelling is what is causing your inability to open your mouth. An antibiotic would also help. Penicillin 500mg or Clindamycin 300 mg would be the drugs of choice for now. You may be able to have a dentist just call in an Rx for you or even get one from an Urgent Care.

The following sources may also help you find care given you do not have insurance:

http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/popularpublications/findinglowcostdentalcare/

http://www.unitedway.org/

http://www.carecredit.com/ for financing options that would better fit your budget.

Other viable options to consider:

1. Dental schools:

www.dentalsite.com/dentists/densch.html

Dental schools charge far less than private practice however it does take more time to complete.

2. Clinics (free and low cost) Discounted dental services and dental workshops that offer free or

discounted/reduced services.

www.freemedicalcamps.com/

3. Freedentalcare.com

4. Local dental society or :

http://ebusiness.ada.org/mystate.aspx

They would be able to direct you to Foundations and Charitable outlets that may offer dental services.

5. Volunteer dentists and hygienists providing free care:

Dentistryfromtheheart.org

(###) ###-####/p>

6. http://toothwisdom.org/care

7. dentallifeline.org/our-state-programs

8. http://freemedicalcamps.com/

The warm rinses will help with the swelling but starting antibiotics would be of greater help

Hope all this helps you!! If you need more information please ask. Thanks.

Do you need more help with this question?

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor