Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist
Experience:  Dentist at Dental Care on Demand
92107790

My Grandson now age 4 got his baby teeth early. They were in

Customer Question

My Grandson now age 4 got his baby teeth early. They were in very good shape and alignment. Now and for the past 6 minus our so if appears the top front ones are receding into his jaw they slant backward towards his throat. What could cause this?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Hegland replied 9 months ago.

Tops ones could be from a thumbsucking habit or a other sucking habit. Is there anyway you could submit a picture of the teeth, that could give a more clear picture.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does it cost more to add the picture? If not I will try to get one tonight. Also he is autistic.

No it shouldn't cost any differently to add pictures. So feel free to add a few tonight so that I can see what things are looking like and if there is any cause for concern.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Differently implies it could be another 22. It's that what you meant?

I'm sorry I'm not following. Are you telling me its more money to add a picture? Cause I'm unaware that it should cost anything additional to add pictures. Keep in mind I'm a dentist and I don't know the ins and outs of the just answer software.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is a picture

Alright, so from the pictures it actually looks like those front teeth have had extensive erosion and loss of enamel. So hard to tell from just a picture if decay/caries are involved, but there is definitely loss of tooth structure. That's likely what you are noticing in regards ***** ***** changing shape or position in the jaw. It appears that its just affecting those upper front teeth. So if there is the chance of acid reflux that's destroying the enamel or change in medication or diet that is causing a more acidic environment, that is likely what you are dealing with.

Do you have any questions in regards ***** ***** I'm seeing for findings?