Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine
2883465

Thank you. i am being treated for a problem molar 14. I have

Customer Question

Thank you. i am being treated for a problem molar 14. I have been on antibiotics since last Wed. to treat an infection in the root of the tooth that is very close to the sinus. I had facial swelling and pain. Within 3 days the swelling began to subside as did the pain. On Saturday night there was localized pain and I believe an abssess let go in my mouth and there was releif. Tonight I have pressure in the area and I think I am getting another abcess Should i seek emergency care or can it wait until the morning?
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: I am having slight pain and pressure. I can feel in my cheek and almost into my eye, it's watering a bit.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I am worried about the presence of a infection.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 9 months ago.

Which antibiotic are you taking and what dosage? Do you have an appointment to get the tooth extracted?The antibiotics should stop the spread of the infection but will not cure an abscessed tooth.