Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My Mom had a small piece of the roof of her mouth cut out

Customer Question
Hi, JA: Hi. How can we...
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: My Mom had a small piece of the roof of her mouth cut out for a biopsy. They thought her salivary gland might be blocked. Now 2 weeks later the roof of her mouth is bleeding tonight and we cannot stop it. Though it's not in the same place where they cut out the skin for the biopsy.
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: No, no swelling or tooth pain.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: She had 2 little black dots on roof of her mouth. That's where they took graph for biopsy. Now the roof of her mouth is bleeding tonight. No damage, nothing new. It won't stop bleeding.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
11/25/2016
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Just Dental Truths!

While this is only a temporary fix, at best, ***** ***** that is all you will need, as the site in your Mother's mouth should heal up & quit bleeding in a short couple days or so. But you could go to Walgreens, Walmart, etc., and get either "Canker Cover" or "OraMoist" and both can be used to cover the sore bleeding area, until it begins to heal more so on it's own in a short couple days or so - and at such time you'd no longer need any of the above two possible temporary bandages! They both seem to work fairly well. I hope that makes sense!

Dr. Rampton

*please feel free to ask any follow up concerns or questions - OK?

Can I address any further concerns that you might have?

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist