How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Katz Your Own Question
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 3569
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. Katz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 72 and sudden speech impairment which could be my old

This answer was rated:

I am 72 and sudden speech impairment which could be my old root canal fitting. I am not sure what to do as far as dental appointment or primary health appointment. Can you advise?
JA: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?
Customer: No - I have lived in Washington a little over one year. Moved from California and not established a dentist here.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Not sure to make a dental appointment first or see my primary doctor first.

Your root canal has nothing to do with your speech impairment.You need to get to your primary care physician or go to an Urgent care facility ASAP to be evaluated.Your problem is neurological and has nothing to do with your teeth or an old root canal filling.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

If you have no further questions,could you kindly leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site? ?Thanks

Dr. Katz and other Dental Specialists are ready to help you