Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My boyfriend is having intense tooth pains in all of his

Customer Question
Hi there. My boyfriend is...
Hi there. My boyfriend is having intense tooth pains in all of his teeth and is convinced there is nothing a dentist can do for him. His pain shows up every once in a while but it usually leaves him in tears. What could be causing the pain and what can we do to relieve it?
JA: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It fluctuates
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: What information do you need?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
11/19/2016
Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 1 year ago
Edward Magida

Hi, thanks for asking your question. Does the pain happen when he eats or is it spontaneous? Does hot and/or cold cause it to happen? Also, when was the last time he went to a dentist and had some xrays taken? Dr Magida

Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello?

Dentist: Dr. Hegland, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist

Well if the pain is as intense as you state he may have some kind of tooth infection, deep cavity, or even severe temporomandibular joint pain so in order to help him, he definitely needs to go to the dentist. What more specifics can you give me?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine