Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Sore in the middle of my bottom lip that will not go away

Customer Question
Sore in the middle of...
Sore in the middle of my bot***** *****p that will not go away after almost 3 months now. I have tried ointments and it seems like it's going to go away but just ends up scabbing again and then cracking because it's right on the crack...and then it all just repeats. It all started after snorkeling and getting sunburnt. I tried abreva for a few days but no help. Used a couple of different kinds of blistex.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pic
10/30/2016
Dentist: wieyedoc, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Can you upload a picture that has the lesion in clear focus?

Does it bleed at all?

Is there any pain?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Uploaded.
Yes, after the scab cracks after it gets dry. One time it bled pretty well. Other times would just bleed like as I blotted it with a kleenex.
Not really, but very slightly if I touch it or around it. And hurts like heck when I go to eat something and it cracks open.
Telmisartan 40/day for hbp
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine