Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Last night the side of my mouth was swollen now this morning

Customer Question
I woke up I have...
Last night the side of my mouth was swollen now this morning I woke up I have a bump under my tongue that hurts can you tell me what it is?
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: No but my whole mouth hurts
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: OK both sides of my mouth hurts. When I lift my tongue I can barely lift it it look like a bump that can be popped but I don't want to touch it because I don't know what it is
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
10/28/2016
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine