How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Bornfeld, DDS Your Own Question
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 5757
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Mark Bornfeld, DDS is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was chewing on a tough Pizza crust, I felt a pain in my

Customer Question

I was chewing on a tough Pizza crust, I felt a pain in my jaw on Saturday and I still have a very bad pain today (Monday). When I act like I am chewing something, my have a sound that feels like two bones rubbing together. What Specialist should I call?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since Saturday night. I take Ibuprofin that helps a little but I strill feel pain in the entire side of my face and when I try to chew something the pain is more painful all through my jaw.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I think that explains it.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 9 months ago.

The only part that sounds a bit of more possible concern is the "two bones rubbing together"...

I would initially go to your General Dentist. If it is related to something called the TMJ joint (two bones rubbing together - near the front of the ear area), then either your General Dentist could likely help you with a bite guard (not all that involved), or if he or she didn't feel comfortable with doing such, at least would be "most familiar" with WHOM to refer you to in your local area that can best deal with this situation you are having. It may be the TMJ. But it's difficult to say over the internet. So, I'd get to you local Dentist for having it looked at! Does that make sense?

Dr. Rampton

Related Dental Questions