Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My gums bleed on and off and i just recently had had

Customer Question
cleaning and was told my...
My gums bleed on and off and i just recently had had cleaning and was told my gums are fine so i dont whats going on?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why do my gums bleed some night but not other
JA: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?
Customer: Floss
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I have been flossing regulary and have dental checks ups every six months but recently my gums have been bleeding on and off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
10/17/2016
Dentist: Dr. Hegland, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist

Ok, well lets figure this out you have regular dentist visits and they state your gums are fine. Do you floss every day? Do you have crowded teeth or large spaces where food often gets caught? Do you have any medical concerns/hx that may be contributing to this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I recently had my blood work done and everything was normal.

I cannot take a telephone call at this moment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also dental hygenist check my pocket and they were between 1and 3 and some of them were 1's

When they bleed, do you mean all areas or specific sites?

Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Just Dental Truths!
Phone call session started

Hi!

I attempted to have a phone conversation with you twice tonight - but to no avail. Sorry. Maybe tomorrow?

Dr. Rampton

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine