Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My teeth are very crooked and back two teeth on both sides

Customer Question
of bottom jaw seem to...
My teeth are very crooked and back two teeth on both sides of bottom jaw seem to have started turning black
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: Swelling? It almost looks as though I'm losing more and more of my gums, they're a dark red near the teeth and softer pink at the bottom! Not in 2 and a half years, can't afford it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
10/14/2016
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Just Dental Truths!

Your mention about the gums being darker red near the teeth? It's typically seen when there is a bit more build up of dental plaque, which we all can & do get. Try to brush it more and better & longer time frames, and with a soft bristle brush - it should return to natural color within a week or so!

With regard to the two back teeth turning blackish? It sounds like and likely may be a couple of cavities that may well need a couple of tooth colored fillings in them.

Does this make sense?

Dr. Rampton

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this really helps! What about my jaw being crooked?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This shows the inside crookedness of the jaw

Yes, the plaque is causing the gums to be inflammed & more red - you can stop this with extra care though!

The bottom blackened areas, may well be silver fillings only (from the picture angle, it was difficult to say with certainty). If silver fillings are in for years, the teeth do turn darker. I have some of that. It doe NOT mean you necessarily need to change the silver fillings though. Ask your Dentist about the blackened look when you see him or her for your next Dental check up. So, you may not have any cavities at all? Could very well just be silver fillings!

From the 2nd picture I couldn't detect any crooked jaw. Could be so, but I could see it from the picture, Sir.

Sir, does the above make sense?

Please "do" rate my answer, if you would.

*NOTE: I want to make certain your concerns are addressed, so please do not hesitate to ask further, if need be OK?

Can I be of any further assistance to you?

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist