Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

How do I fix a small gap between two of my teeth in my

Customer Question
gumline? The teeth can't be...
How do I fix a small gap between two of my teeth in my gumline? The teeth can't be together any closer, and at first glance, it looks like a small, dark piece of debris that can be removed via flossing. The gumline is not receding around those teeth otherwise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
9/24/2016
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.Regards, *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is what I am talking about attached.
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

This area can be closed with some simple bonding material that is essentially a white composite filling.It can be color matched to your real teeth.It only takes about 20 minutes to do the procedure.A small area of the tooth is etched or minimally prepped and a bonding material that is cured with UV light sets the filling at once.It can be used right away. It should not be an expensive procedure and if you have insurance,it may cover the fillings.If you have any further questions please ask.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)