Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

How do I fix a small gap between two of my teeth in my

Customer Question

How do I fix a small gap between two of my teeth in my gumline? The teeth can't be together any closer, and at first glance, it looks like a small, dark piece of debris that can be removed via flossing. The gumline is not receding around those teeth otherwise.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 10 months ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.Regards, *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is what I am talking about attached.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 10 months ago.

This area can be closed with some simple bonding material that is essentially a white composite filling.It can be color matched to your real teeth.It only takes about 20 minutes to do the procedure.A small area of the tooth is etched or minimally prepped and a bonding material that is cured with UV light sets the filling at once.It can be used right away. It should not be an expensive procedure and if you have insurance,it may cover the fillings.If you have any further questions please ask.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?