Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have just had a root canal on my right upper canine tooth

Customer Question
and there is yellow infection...
I have just had a root canal on my right upper canine tooth and there is yellow infection draining from the top of the tooth near the gum. I really want this root canal to take. Is there any thing I can gargle with or take over the counter to help fight the infection?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
9/16/2016
Dentist: Dr. Hegland, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist

Hi! First of all, are you currently having any pain? When you say you just had a root canal, when exactly was that (days?) Also do you mean gumline near the crown of the tooth, or you mean the gum covering the root (proceeding away from the biting surface of the tooth)? Did you see a specialist (endodontist) and did the provider you saw give you any recommendations or prescriptions? The answers to these questions will help give me a better description so I can answer your question more effectively.

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine