Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I was told today I need 2 dental implants when a dentist 6

Customer Question
months ago said I just...
I was told today I need 2 dental implants when a dentist 6 months ago said I just needed a crown on one. I have both X-rays to compare and was trying to find a second opinion. I was also told I have an infection under one from a shaded spot on my X-ray. The other dentist did not mention this. I am a bit concerned on what I am being told.
JA: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?
Customer: yes just left this afternoon
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I was told today I need 2 dental implants when a dentist 6 months ago said I just needed a crown on one. I have both X-rays to compare and was trying to find a second opinion. I was also told I have an infection under one from a shaded spot on my X-ray. The other dentist did not mention this. I am a bit concerned on what I am being told.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
9/16/2016
Dentist: Dr. Hegland, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist

Yes if you could attach the xrays I can take a look for you.

Take you time with uploading the xrays for me to compare, I will look at them in the morning.

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine