Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

If my teeth are starting to spread, can invisalign help?

Customer Question
Would you recommend it? JA: Have...
if my teeth are starting to spread, can invisalign help? Would you recommend it?
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling that I can see. It's been a while since I've been to the dentist
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I had a root canal about 20 years ago. My teeth are spreading on the side where I had the root canal
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2016
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Just Dental Truths!

Likely yes. Yes, that invisalign or traditional braces can work. Braces are also put on the inside of the teeth (tongue side), where they are not easily seen, if that is a concern for you.

However, the bone support around your teeth will need to be at adequate level (little bone loss), so I would highly recommend seeing the Dentist or Orthodontist of your choice for both an exam and a panoramic x-ray! I hope this helps you!

Dr. Rampton

*Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance - OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm 47 going on 48. How much would invisalign or traditional braces run?

My apologies, I stepped away for a while...

I'd shop around. Prices will vary, somewhat considerably too. Roughly, contingent on where you live, $4,000 to $6,000.

Additionally, if you go to a Dentist (who does Orthodontics/braces) as opposed to an Orthodontist, it may cost you less. If you live anywhere near a Dental School, you can get the Orthodontics for about 1/2 the price as well. And also, ALWAYS, once they've quoted you a price, ask about any further discounts... Military, good patient, "yes" good patient discounts. Discounts for cash paying, for paying monthly from your checking, etc.........!

What I'm saying is this: If you really want a service, the Dentist will also, almost always discount you additionally! But you'll need to ASK.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, great. Thank you. I will take your advice and check around. To bad you're not in the S.F. Bay area.

Say, you have not just one but TWO Dental school in the Bay area. 1) UCSF(###) ###-####@***** & 2) Univ. of Pacific(###) ###-####@*****.

You 'may" want to try one of these two Schools! Bot***** *****ne: Excellent care. Downside: May take 1 & 1/2 hour appointments instead of 45 minute appointments (time).

Oh please DO rate my answer, if you would please! Thanks.

Best wishes to you ( -:

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, great!!!! Thank you so much for all your information. I appreciate you.

You are welcome. I hope you can please "RATE" my answer... Thx!

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist