Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine
2883465

I feel I just received faulty information and guidance from

Customer Question

I feel I just received faulty information and guidance from a new practice that I noticed was open on a Saturday and was a direct pay program. I just wanted some films of a tooth that had been root canal 15 years ago that has always
tended to be Agee along with other teeth because I clench a lot at night and even my very expensive mouthguards don't always help. I have no signs of infection no swelling in the gums no fever no unbearable tooth pain... But just wanted a few films to rule out by the tooth seemed achier~ The dental assistant took over 10 x-rays of one tooth . Which I under stand she was new that at the little too much radiation for one tooTh. And they came back and said I had possibly an infection underneath the root canal and gave me antibiotics and painkillers and when I told him I would never get another root canal I would just have the tooth extracted they said they couldn't help me and then I really should be doing another root canal yet they were about to give another girl in the waiting room a tooth extraction I asked if I could see the dentist to discuss my options and he never came in so my question is… I told the hygienist that I had no swelling in my gums I could chew fine and on my teeth and truly no signs of infection whatsoever
if I have no signs of infection and even the films they gave me I have compared to many pictures of infections beneath root canal the molars. And nothing is on my films that looks even close to the films with infections . If I had some very small infection would seven days of our amoxicillin 1500 MG your day be enough to resolve it . I am in a tight spot because I don't want to go get even more radiation and films done and the anabiotic isn't making a difference but I never take antibiotics so should I finish the seven days as I'm on day four or just stop because I have no signs of an infection and the dentist two runs this page before you go office never had the courtesy to come in and introduce himself explain my options or even call if he was too tied up for the two hours I was there
Category: Dental
Expert:  Edward Magida replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for asking your questions. Which tooth are you having the trouble with? Front, back, upper or lower? Is it possible that you have xrays you can post here? You also stated that you wear a mouthguard. Does it fit so that all the teeth hit at the same time when you grind/clench your teeth? Dr Magida

Expert:  Dr. Hegland replied 1 year ago.

Is there anyway that you could upload even a couple of those films that were taken, so that I could analyze them and give my impression?