Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Where my wisdom teeth used to be- it has healed but the gum

Customer Question

Where my wisdom teeth used to be- it has healed but the gum looks like this. A little white. Normal? I'm 32 and they were pulled at 30.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Another picture
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 10 months ago.

The wisdom tooth socket has healed completely and the discoloration has nothing to do with the extraction.Do you still have your upper wisdom tooth or do you feel pressure sometimes on your gum behind your lower second molar when you are eating or chewing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No but the white tissue is on both sides. Where the tooth was pulled. All 4 were pulled

This area is just more fibrous the the surrounding tissue but is nothing to worry about.There is nothing pathological in the appearance of this tissue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok that was my concern!!!!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Gosh I googled and became so scared.

It just looks like the area healed with some extra fibrous connective tissue.It has probably been this way for a long time and you just noticed it.

This is not an area where we see oral cancers and they do not have this appearance.

If you have no further questions,please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site .Thanks

Is there anything else that I can help you with?