Edward Magida
Edward Magida,
Experience:  owner/dentist at Newtown Dental Care
95401246

EVEN SURE IF YOU FOLKS ARE HERE TONIGHT. I HAVE A QUERSTION

Customer Question

I AM NOT EVEN SURE IF YOU FOLKS ARE HERE TONIGHT. I HAVE A QUERSTION ABOUT A TOOTH THAT WAS PULLED LAST THURS.......
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: IT IS A LITTLE -- UNDER THE TONGUE AND EVEN JAW IS TENDER TO TOUCH
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: ITS A BACK TOOTH - AM ON AMOXICILLIN - STILL WHITE AROUND IT A LITTLE AND SOME RED SPOTS TOO --
Category: Dental
Expert:  Edward Magida replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I will try to help you if I can. Please give me some info about the tooth that was removed and why it had to be extracted. Dr Magida

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 TOOTH - FIXED FOR YRS AND FINALLY HAD TO GIVE IN AND HAVE REMOVED AFTER CRACKIN AND WAS ABCESSED

I am not sure what your question is. I s it about whether the area should still be bothering you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BECAUSE ITS EVEN PART OF THE JAW UNDER THAT TOOTH TENDER. APPEARS WHITE AND NOT SURE IS INFECTION. PARTIALLY RED AROUND IT TOO --- UNDER TOUNGUE HAS WHITE AND IS AWFULLY TENDER

What is the dose of the amoxicillin pills and how often are you supposed to take them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
500 MG EA 8 HRS

The tooth was pulled Thursday 2 days ago, or a week before that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THURS, 2 DAYS AGO - YES -- BEEN ON AMOX THOUGH SINCE MONDAY THE 15TH

Did the dentist say this was a difficult extraction and did he/she say it was very infected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NEITHER WERE YET SPECIFIED. BUT THE PIECE OF TOOTH LEFT WAS MAYBE A 1/4 OF SIZE. I KNOW IT HAD A LOT TO HAVE DUG CAUSE YOU COULDNT SEE IT

That fact that it was removed only 2 days ago and it is still painful, red and swollen does not surprise me. If it was a difficult extraction and the remaining tooth had to be dug out just means it is going to take some time (more than 2 days) to heal The white areas are just dead tissue which will go away soon. The one thing I question though, is whether you are taking enough Amoxicillin. Usually it is taken every 6 hours , meaning 4 pills per day, not the 3 pills per day you are taking. You might want to ask the dentist if you should up the amount per day. If things do not start to feel ANY better by Monday, you should call the dentist to ask if you need to be seen. If it does not get better, you might have something called a "dry socket" which will need to be treated in the office. Do you have any more questions for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. THat will take care of it Monday if need be. Just wanted to be sure was not odd since I have had amoxicillin
in me since last monday -- will take it from here-- thank you

ok good luck. Would you please rate my answer since that is how I get credit. Thanks *****