Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have 4 mouth ulcers. 2 on my bottom lip, one on my top and

Customer Question
I have 4 mouth ulcers...
I have 4 mouth ulcers. 2 on my bot***** *****p , one on my top and one on the side of my tongue all on the right side of my mouth.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I relieve the pain and help speed along the healing process? Whenever even water touches them they burn like crazy.
8/13/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

The best thing to use on these ulcers is a prescription item called Kenalog in Orabase.This ointment will give you relief in a matter of seconds.It is a prescription item but any dentist or doctor can call this ointment into your pharmacy and you can pick it up there.The only other over the counter item that will give some relief is Oragel and a prescription is not required.This medication does not work as well or last as long.The Kenalog is the best.Apply it sparingly 3 to 4 times a day.These ulcers will heal themselves without treatment in 7 to 10 days.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you say any dentist does that include you as well? About how much is the Kenalog?

I can prescribe to patients in Maryland but I cannot prescribe online.The Kenalog will vary in price depending on your insurance or which pharmacy that you go to.The generic can run $9.00 and the brand name could go up to $55. One tube will last for years.There is nothing else like it on the market.

When you get a chance,can you please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site.Thanks and I hope that you were able to get the Kenalog.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)