Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I currently have an infection in my gums. Should I wait to

Customer Question
I currently have an infection...
I currently have an infection in my gums. Should I wait to proceed with oral surgery?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
8/6/2016
Dentist: Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
Since when are you having this infection?

Which oral surgery are you going to have?

When did you consult doctor?

Which treatment are you getting?

Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 1 year ago
Edward Magida
Hi
Thanks for the question. What type of surgery are you getting and where is the infection?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The swelling started a few days ago and I'm scheduled to have extractions and implants this coming week. Should I first treat the infection and reschedule the surgery?
Dentist: Edward Magida,
 replied 1 year ago

If the infection is coming from the teeth that are going to be extracted, than I would continue with the extractions,which will eliminate the source of the infections. I would have you wait on having the implants placed until the infection is under control. If the infection is not in the area of the extractions, than I would wait on getting the extractions until this new infected area is under control. Otherwise you are going to have multiple areas in your mouth that are uncomfortable and it will be difficult to eat.

Do you have any other questions?

Dentist: DrRussMD, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)

Hello.

I see that you opted out of the previous discussion.

What question remains for you?

DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)