Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I woke up with severe pain on my jaw and lower teeth gum

Customer Question

I woke up with severe pain on my jaw and lower teeth gum line on my left side. I have done nothing out of the normal it hurts if I try to bite down. I noticed a lump on the inner portion of the gum line taking 2 500 milligrams of ibuprofen l. What can this be?
JA: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It's consistent almos like I clenched my teeth all nite
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: It feels swollen and painful it started day before yesterday. When I checked my mouth I can see a lump on the inner portion of my gum line left side. My mullets feel soar almost like the way they feel if I was clenching my teeth at night.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of the lump here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere