Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I hit my front tooth in a bike accident......the tooth has

Customer Question
been sore for about 10...
I hit my front tooth in a bike accident......the tooth has been sore for about 10 days. Does it mean the tooth will die? If it heals on its own, about how long could it be sore?
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I went to the dentist the same day I hit the tooth
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
7/25/2016
Dentist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

No. This does not mean that the tooth is going to die for sure......but it does sound like a pretty sever injury.

So What should you do?

In order to have the best chance of the tooth being OK you should see the dentist for a repeat exam. Try to go to the same on you saw on the day of the injury.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD