Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My crown came out while I was traveling abroad, I visited a

Customer Question
dentist who put it back...
my crown came out while I was traveling abroad, I visited a dentist who put it back in (and said something about not having enough bone tissue for the crow...) anyway...3 months went by and I now have pain when I tap on the crown and I feel a burning sensation in the gum area around the crown (very painful) ... I have 2 antibiotics at home azythromicin and augmentin - should I take it? I won't be able to see a dentist for a week...which antibiotics should I take?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
7/23/2016
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Rather than antibiotics (since there is no active sign of infection), you should take only anti inflammatory medication.

Switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist