Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I got porcelain veneers a year ago and have been miserable

Customer Question
from the day they were...
I got porcelain veneers a year ago and have been miserable from the day they were put on.
I constantly feel this mucky stuff on the back of my right tooth. Also food gets stuck in between my 2 front teeth and it takes forever to get it out. I do take medications that cause
dry mouth. And that is what my dentist is saying is the problem. He sees nothing wrong. my tongue is raw from constantly fooling with the back of my teeth. Should I have them removed and replaced with caps?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
7/2/2016
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Just Dental Truths!

You could replace, but you may first want to try this:

Whether at your present Dentist or a new one, they could use something called "finishing strips" to use to make food catch less & hopefully not at all - with regards ***** ***** the teeth. It would likely help. And the mucky stuff on the back of the right tooth? Tell the Dentist about it. It sounds like perhaps some excess cement may well be stuck there (incidentally of course), which could & should be polished off easily.

Best of all, none of the above requires any numbing, and shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. There's a good chance it may do the trick!

I'll be gone for a couple hours. Please "DO" right back if questions - I'll check upon my return - OK?

Best wishes to you!

Dr. Rampton

Does the above makes sense?

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist