Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have the x-ray - can I see decay on it or is the decay, if

Customer Question
any, on the inside of...
I have the x-ray - can I see decay on it or is the decay, if any, on the inside of the tooth. Also, do I have only two options, a root canal or an abstraction - will my oral surgeon be able to tell me is I can possibly save the tooth in another way ...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
6/24/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

If you can upload the X-ray,I can tell you what your options with the tooth are.If a tooth is infected,there are two options..root canal therapy or extraction.The only other option is intentional replantation but this option is a last resort and without seeing the X-ray,I cannot determine if this option is open to you.

Dentist: Dr. G, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. G
Dr. G, Dentist

Sounds like you need root canal + crown or extraction

Do you have the xray to upload or do you need any more information?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)