Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

I had what I thought was a cankor sore on the left side of

Customer Question

I had what I thought was a cankor sore on the left side of my tongue. After a week it has turned into a hard bump and is no longer sore.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: There is no pain with it, but it was sore at first like a cankor sore. It just turned hard and is still there.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I don't know any more, it's still there but it's hard now and not sore.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

It is common for a sore on the tongue to become less painful, and harder - and typically "whitish" during the process of healing.This is the process of a minor injury scarring during the healing. If you can send a picture I'd be happy to offer a more detailed opinion. But, if the area was previously sore and is now hard but not uncomfortable (a week or so later) the area is likely in the process of normal healing. The injury may have been the result of inadvertent biting of the tongue - it's difficult to say. But if it is no longer sore I would recommend giving healing an opportunity for a ten day period. I expect the issue to disappear on its own by then. If not, you'd be smart to have your dentist take a look. Chances are, that won't be necessary in ten days.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive rating for my effort.

Dr Shernan.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I would appreciate a positive rating for my effort.

Dr Shernan