Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I been told i have gum disease,bad bone lost. they want to

Customer Question
do a intense cleaning for...
I been told i have gum disease,bad bone lost. they want to do a intense cleaning for 1700 dollars after insurance. Is this a good price or too high ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
5/20/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago
Stewart Shernan

Hello there,

Whether or not a fee of $1700 after insurance is a good price depends on the specific procedures the dentist has included in your treatment plan. A fee of $1700 if quite high for a "deep cleaning". But if your treatment plan involves multiple procedures to restore your periodontal (gums and bone) health, that fee seems to be in the ballpark. The important consideration is your trust the dentist. If you do not, perhaps consider getting a second opinion.

Best of luck with your dental health.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive rating for my effort.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi Dennis,

Let me know if you need additional explanation to answer your question. I'm here to help.

Dr Shernan

Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan