Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

This may be a very odd question, but with crowns, should I

Customer Question
be concerned about oral sex...
This may be a very odd question, but with crowns, should I be concerned about oral sex causing them to break, chip, or fall out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
5/14/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago
Stewart Shernan

Hello there,

No worries - that is a very human question.

Crowns which have been properly made will not break, chip, or fall out due to oral sex. The forces of normal chewing and eating are actually much greater. You need not

worry.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question If not, a positive rating would be appreciated.

Dr Shernan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about the temporary ones they put in when they waiting for he crowns to be made? Are those less durable?
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago

Temporary crowns are, indeed, less durable and more prone to falling off. I would be extra cautious about all activity until the permanent crowns are placed - including oral sex.

Dr Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you need additional information to answer your question ?

Dr Shernan

Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan