Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I live in Destin, Florida. I'm 40 years old and I recently

Customer Question
My name is***** live in...
My name is***** live in Destin, Florida. I'm 40 years old and I recently saw my primary physician and she told me that she saw a bump on the inner roof of my mouth. I do not smoke. I have an appointment with my dentist next month and he can give me some more details about it. But, what do you think it could be?
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Is there anything else important you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: Pearl, I believe it has been there for a long time. However, I never noticed it. Well, there is nothing that the dentist should really know, because I feel that I have pretty good dental hygiene. In addition, can you tell me how you think I got it in the first place? And, what can it be? What caused this? Will it go away on its own?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
5/13/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

If this is a hard lump and is covered by pink looking gum tissue,this is nothing more than a maxillary or palatal tori.These are also referred to as exostoses.The are harmless masses of bone that require no treatment and are not pathological.They are common on all of the hard tissues of the mouth and vary in size and shape.Sometimes they need to be removed if they are interfering with denture placement.If not ,they are harmless,need no treatment and nothing to worry about.They do not just go away.They are just part of your body.They are not caused by anything but are normal variants of the boney tissues of the mouth.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)