Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Strange non-painful reddish patch appeared on the inside of

Customer Question
my cheek about a week...
Strange non-painful reddish patch appeared on the inside of my cheek about a week and a half ago. It does not seem to be bleeding. When my tongue rubs over it, there is a slight metallic taste. What could be the cause?(please see attached image)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
5/12/2016
Dentist: Dr. SH, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor

Thank you for your question.

This could be due to something that you have eaten.

Does not look likely to be anything serious or anything to worry about.

I am pretty sure it should go away in due course of time i.e. another week to two weeks at the most.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.
Kindest regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your response, doctor. At what point would the patch become worriesome? Also, how can I increase the healing process?

Thank you for your response.

If it lasts for more than four weeks then I would have it checked.

I would not worry whatsoever.

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor