Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

My left lateral incisor is extremely loose. Is it possible

Customer Question

My left lateral incisor is extremely loose. Is it possible to temporarily cement it in place?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Whether or not a loose tooth can be tightly secured depends on the cause of the looseness. There may be bone loss which would require evaluation and treatment. It is possible that it can be "splinted" - bonded to the teeth next to it. But any solution will require a visit to your dentist for evaluation.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise a positive rating for my effort would be greatly appreciated. That is how I am paid here for my work.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

28 Apr 2016, 8:09 PM

Offer Premium Service

Be well,

Dr Shernan

And to clarify - a loose tooth cannot be temporarily cemented at home - there is no safe or sufficient way to do this.

Dr Shernan

Do you need additional information to answer your question ? I'm here to help - and happy to do so.

Dr Shernan