Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Hole in skin inside lip

Customer Question

Hole in skin inside lip
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Can you uplload a picture of this area? What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I pull my bot***** *****p away from my gums I have what looks like a small hole at the very bottom of the gum. When I am not pulling my lip it looks normal. It is not sore.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

That is a normal looking depression created by muscle attachments on the inside of the lip.It is nothing to worry about and not pathological.It is just a variance that is seen in the muscle attachment and needs no treatment and should cause no concern.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much for your help :)
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

You are quite welcome.There is nothing to worry about.When you get a chance,please supply a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site.Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's it thankyou
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Please leave a rating so that I can move on with other customers.Thanks