Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I had my top teeth pulled and put false teeth put in..I have

Customer Question
had my sinus grafted 2...
I had my top teeth pulled and put false teeth put in..I have had my sinus grafted 2 times and it just came out again.when I rinse,it comes out my nose.should I go to specialist and is there something that can keep it in
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
4/19/2016
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

What you have a post-extraction complication called Oro-Antral Fistula.

When upper teeth are pulled,the bone between the sinus and the teeth sometimes breaks away, leading to a communication between your mouth and the sinus. Since the sinus drains into the nose, the liquids are regurgitated through the nose.

I suggest you seek the services of an experienced Oral Surgeon. The normal procedure is for the area to be stitched up. You will require appropriate antibiotics and decongestants.

You will be told to avoid tasks which build up pressure in the sinus like blowing your nose.

There also might be a minor surgery needed to close this communication between your mouth and sinus, if healing does not occur in some time.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist