Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I HAVE BEEN USING A TEMPORARY REMOVABLE TOP DENTURE FOR THE

Customer Question
PAST 3 YEARS. DURING...
I HAVE BEEN USING A TEMPORARY REMOVABLE TOP DENTURE FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS. DURING THE LAST 2+ YEARS i HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH A DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY AND HAVE PUT OFF GOING TO A DENTIST TO GET A PERMANENT DENTURE. tHEY TOLD ME 3 YEARS AGO THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO PULL 9 TEETH SO I WAS AFRAID TO HAVE IT DONE.
THE PAST FEW DAYS I NOTICED MY DENTURE IS VERY TIGHT AND MY GUMS HAVE BEEN VERY SORE. I WORE THE DENTURE TODAY AND WHEN I TOOK IT OUT MY GUMS REALLY HURT.
I WAS WONDERING WHAT I CAN USE TO HELP WITH THE PAIN. I TOOK TWO TYLENOL AND AM NOW GOING TO USE SOME ANBESOL. FOR THE LAST THREE DAYS I HAVE BEEN RINSING WITH WARM SALT WATER ALSO. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WHAT I CAN ALSO DO.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
4/8/2016
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

The best advice that I can give you is to go to a dentist so that the teeth that are causing the pain can be removed. But till you make up your mind to do so, take Tylenol in this particular fashion: Switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease.

Get a local anesthetic gel from the pharmacy and apply it to the sore areas of your gums.

Wear the existing denture as less as possible until the soreness disappears.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist