Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a raised,, soar spot at the back of my mouth. Located

Customer Question
on the inside of my...
I have a raised,, soar spot at the back of my mouth. Located on the inside of my lower pallet, starting behind my last molar, running like some sort of tender tendon into my throat.
JA: OK. The Dentist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Dentist can help you best.
Customer: Okay. It may be linked to a light rash around the lips and a slightly soar throat I have had for a week. No open lesion though. Isn't affected directly by what I eat. Otherwise no dental issues. 43 years old and non smoker.
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Anything else I can tell the Dentist before I connect you two?
Customer: Worried this will cost something. You are sending me generic responses surely pre programmed.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
4/5/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago
Stewart Shernan

Hello there,

from your description it sounds like you have soreness on the soft tissue that covers the maxillary tuberosity (the bony mound shaped structure behind the last upper molar) and runs back toward the throat. Because this is a soft tissue area that is exposed just behind the molars, itis somewhat vulnerable and can be prone to irritation or injury from hard or chewy foods or utensils. It is also an area that can be prone to trapping food debris - just behind the last molar.The inflammation generally heals on its own over the course of several days. You can expedite the process by rinsing with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution mixed 1:3 with water. The solution is available at drugstores. also, rinsing with warm water and a teaspoon of salt may be helpful. Ibuprophen (Advil) can be helpful because it not only relieves pain, but it is an anti-inflammatory, so it can speed up healing as well.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan