Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I had a wisdom tooth extraction 10 days ago and didn't

Customer Question
Hi I had a wisdom...
Hi I had a wisdom tooth extraction 10 days ago and didn't receive stitches and the socket is pain free. However, the the gum that should be attached to the tooth next to the wisdom tooth is no longer attached. Will this heal on it's own or should I get it seen to as it is causing me a great deal of pain
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
3/27/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

The gum will heal on its own.It heals from the bottom up and even if it seems unattached,new tissue will form over the bone in this area and will heal by itself.It is best to leave the area alone and not brush in that area while the healing takes place.In most cases,this are will lay down new tissue in 6 days.If you would like to upload a picture of this area,I would be glad to look at it for you.

Can you describe the type of pain that you are having? Is it localized to this area or does it go deeper and is it more widespread?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)